- PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, The Village of Watkins Glen is accepting bids for the monthly curbside removal of residential recycle materials for the 2010-2011 fiscal year. The bid specifications may be picked up at the Village Clerk’s Office Monday – Friday from 8 am until 4:30 pm. Sealed bids must be submitted to the Village Clerk at 303 N. Franklin Street, Watkins Glen, NY 14891 on or before 4:30 p.m. on Monday, April 19, 2010. All bids must contain a non-collusive bidding statement, and be clearly marked “Sealed Bid – Recycle Removal.” Bids will be opened and considered at the regular meeting of the Board of Trustees on April 19, 2010 at 7 pm. The Village of Watkins Glen reserves the right to accept or reject all bids.
Dated: April 2, 2010, DONNA J. BEARDSLEY, CLERK/TREASURER
- NOTICE: The offices of the Superintendent of Public Works and the Code Enforcement Officer, along with the Street and Electric Departments have moved to the New Shared Service Complex located at 910 S. Decatur Street. New phone numbers and e-mail address can be found on the Services page.
- VILLAGE OF WATKINS GLEN BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING - Monday, April 5, 2010 7:00 p.m.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Public Be Heard
- Hunt Engineers - Raw Water Intake Project
- Justice Report(s)
- Department Heads’ Reports
- Utility Adjustments, if any
- Seasonal Hires, if any
- Police Chief's Report
- Conference Requests
- Board Concerns
- Bill Miliken Day
- MEUA Deligate
- Community Progress Grant Application
- Budget Transfer
- Executive Session, if required
The Village of Watkins Glen will continue to pick up brush and small tree limbs at the convenience of the Street Department. Brush and limbs must be placed near the curb (out of the street) for pick up. Small brush must be placed in the paper bags issued by the Village Office, with a limit of 6 bags per pick up. Please DO NOT place rocks, stones, bricks etc. in the bags. Any bag weighing more than 30 pounds will not be picked up by the Village crews. Limbs must be cut to a length of 10 feet or less and have a diameter no larger than 4 inches, with a limit of 10 limbs per pick up. If you have a larger quantity that you would like to dispose of, you are welcome to utilize the Lend-a-Truck program. The forms are available at the Village office. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Village Office at 607 535-2736.
- The next "Village Dumpster Day" will be May 8, 2010, click here for more details
- VILLAGE OF WATKINS GLEN RECYCLING REMINDERS:
Next recycle pick up date is Tuesday, March 16, 2010. View the complete schedule here
- Place recycables curbside no later than 7 am
- Keep recycables covered – wet materials are not acceptable
- Acceptable Materials:
- Metal, tin and aluminum cans, foils and pie plates
(No paint cans or scrap metal)
- Glass bottles & jars (discard lids)
- Plastic bottles (discard lids) no motor oil bottles
Remember to rinse all of the above before placing in recycle bin
- White & colored paper
- Newspapers, magazines, catalogs & phone books
- Opened mail and envelopes
- Paper bags
- Corrugated cardboard & boxboard
- Shredded paper
- ACCESS YOUR UTILITY BILL ON-LINE!! View your payment and usage history. Sign up for e-bills. Contact the Village Office for instructions. Click here.
There will be Friday night skates March 5, 12, 19 and 26, April 9, 16, 23 and 30 and May 7, 2010. Hours are 6-8pm for up to 6th grade and 8-10pm for all youth. Once your child leaves the building we are not responsible and there is no re-entry. The price of admission to Friday night skate is $5.00. This price includes skate rental. The cost for a special birthday skate is now $95.00 minimum (includes 20 skaters) and $5.00 for each additional skater. The $95.00 minimum must be paid within 3-5 business days of making the reservation, the additionals can be paid for at the time of the skate.
- The Village of Watkins Glen has established a new policy regarding the rental of office space in the Municipal Building. Read the new policy and obtain an application here.
- Click here to read the 2009 Watkins Glen Police Department Report
- Click here to read the 2009 Justice Report for Watkins Glen Village Court
- Click here to read the 2008 Fire Department report
- Click here to read the ANNUAL WATER QUALITY REPORT FOR 2009.
| Elected & Non-Elected officials | Boards & Meetings | Public Works | Building Dept | Police Dept | Fire Dept |Village of Watkins Glen
| Economic Info | Business Info | Parks & Recreation Announcements | Services Calendar | History | Directions | Webcam |
Copyright © , Village of Watkins Glen, 303 N Franklin St, Watkins Glen, NY 14891
Website by OnLine Image, Inc.