Tibetan Buddhism and Modern Physics
Tibetan Buddhism and Modern Physics: Toward a Union of Love and Knowledge was published in February of 2008 by the Templeton Foundation Press. Chapters 2 and 4 from this book can be found on this website along with my other papers. (Note the link to "Papers" in the left navigation column.) You can also read the introduction to the book by His Holiness the Dalai Lama by clicking here.
Read the catalog description for my book by clicking here.
Table of Contents
Introduction by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
1. What are Buddhism and science? Why is a dialogue needed? 1
2. Quantum Mechanics & Compassion: Parallels & Problems 24
3. An Introduction to Middle Way Emptiness 40
4. The Physics of Peace. Quantum Nonlocality and Emptiness 56
5. A Quantum Mechanical Challenge to Tibetan Buddhism 86
6. Relativity and the Arrow of Time 115
7. Toward the Union of Love and Knowledge 133
Presenting an inscribed copy of my book to the Dalai Lama at Colgate University on 4/23/08.