[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RAINnet and ethics

In article <44ui1j$r8d@hpcvca.cv.hp.com>,
Scott Linn <scott@hpcvcem.cv.hp.com> wrote:
>So.  Someone contacts my landlord and say they are going to go around and
>check security at his holdings.  My landlord doesn't inform me.  Then, they
>show up at my rental house, check the doors and windows, and use a credit
>card to open a window and climb inside.

>According to you, this is perfectly okay.

>Not really.

Bad anlogies are like drizzle falling on a hot oil lamp next to a cat.
Absolutely worthless and they only confuse the point.

Really.

I wish people would quit trying to rationalize bad analogies between
physical security like homes with doors and computer security. There
are so many differences it is a pointless exercise.
--
Joshua R. Poulson, jrp@pun.org, http://www.pun.org/~jrp
"finger -l jrp@teleport.com" for PGP public key

Follow-Ups: References: