[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Randal Schwartz Cracking Conviction

In article <42fnlm$478@reuter.cse.ogi.edu>,
Mark Morrissey <markm@bogart.cse.ogi.edu> wrote:
>In article <42flft$eqr@shell1.best.com>,
>Jeffrey Kegler <jeffrey@best.com> wrote:
>>Randal's intent is shown by his *actions*.  He ran crack under its
>>own name, undisguised.  He used his own account.  Everything ran
>>on Intel's site -- he took none of the dirty work off site, where
>>it would be safer from detection by the "victim".
>
>You mean like using Intel computers to crack the O'Reilly
>password file?

OK.  I'll bite.  Are you accusing Randal of cracking O'Reilly and
Associates?

Is this what the case amounts to?  There being no evidence of an
intent by Randal to crack Intel computers, you brought the prosecution
on ORA's behalf?  Does ORA appreciate Intel's effort here?

Jeffrey Kegler, President, Algorists, Inc.
743 East El Camino Real, #338, Sunnyvale CA 94087, jeffrey@best.com
--

Jeffrey Kegler, President, Algorists, Inc.
743 East El Camino Real, #338, Sunnyvale CA 94087, jeffrey@best.com

Follow-Ups: References: