Goals and Objectives
Board of Directors
Goal 1) Promote the development of healthy, creative, civically engaged individuals and families
Goal 2) Strengthen the service capacity of the area’s non-profit organizations, human service agencies, and relevant government departments
- Provide professional emergency services and crisis intervention not otherwise available for individuals, children and families
- Create new opportunities for individuals and families
Goal 3) Encourage economic development that expands the area’s employment and tax base
- Increase coordination, communication, and resource sharing among organizations.
- Foster a range of partnerships among organizations and develop cooperative strategies for planning, financing, management, and service delivery.
- Improve the organizing, planning, and management capacity of community-based organizations.
Goal 4) Stimulate the revitalization of existing neighborhoods and the development of new sustainable communities.
- Expand opportunities for existing businesses
Recruit appropriate new businesses
Create opportunities for micro-enterprises
Develop new employment opportunities
Goal 5) Initiate, develop, and direct an institute for the study of small city issues
- Promote participatory approaches to community and regional planning and development
- Expand housing opportunities for a wide range of individuals and families
- Develop innovative housing solutions for non-traditional families and people with special needs
- Improve the physical quality of neighborhoods and communities
- Invite university participation in resident-led urban research, planning, development, training, dissemination, and evaluation.
- Provide technical assistance and training to sister efforts in other cities.
- Offer field-based learning experiences such as internships and externships to students, civic leaders, and independent scholars.
- Create a nexus for funding small city research.