October 2, 2006
September 28, 2006
September 21, 2006
Version 2.4 of Rexx/Wrapper released. A Win32 installer is now supplied.
May 1, 2006
Jan 30, 2006
Version 3.2 of THE released.
Oct 15, 2005
Version 1.4 of Rexx/CURL released. This version brings support up to 7.15.0 of libcurl.
Jul 15, 2005
Jul 1, 2005
Jun 16, 2005
Version 1.3 of Rexx/CURL released. This version brings support up to 7.14.0 of libcurl. The Windows installer
installs rexxtrans.dll in the Windows System directory for improved sharing.
Dec 11, 2004
Version 1.2 of Rexx/CURL released. This version brings support up to 7.12.1 of libcurl and fixes a few bugs.
Nov 7, 2004
Version 2.0 of Rexx/gd released. This version adds more functionality including static GIF
and animated GIF creation.
Oct 29, 2004
May 23, 2004
Version 2.3 of Rexx/Wrapper released. This version fixes some bugs, adds
support for building GUI programs under OS/2 and supports Open Watcom compilers
on Win32 and OS/2.
May 8, 2004
This site is now www.rexx.org after the acquisition of the rexx.org domain.
April 25, 2004
Version 3.3 of the Regina Rexx interpreter has been released. This release
now embeds Florian Grosse-Coosmann's Generic Call Interface (GCI).
PARSE LOWER and CASELESS added. Local support for some BIFs also added.
Some bugs and memory leaks fixed.
The first beta release of Rexx/DW has
been released. Rexx/DW is a lightweight, cross-platform GUI external function
June 3, 2003
Version 2.4 of Rexx/SQL finally released. External operating system commands should
now execute correctly. The MySQL port now works with recent versions of MySQL and
supports transactions with BDB or INNOBASE tables. Should now link with correct DB2
library. SQLite support added.
April 5, 2003
Version 3.1 of the Regina Rexx interpreter has been released. This has been
a huge effort, particularly by Florian Grosse-Coosmann, in implementing the
ANSI "ADDRESS WITH" extensionas and the LOSTDIGITS condition. As a result, we
are confident that Regina 3.1 can now be considered compliant to the 1996 ANSI
January 5, 2003
December 31, 2002
Version 2.1 of Rexx/Wrapper released. Added lcc-win32 as a supported compiler.
Some minor bugs fixed.
December 18, 2002
- Version 2.0 of Rexx/Wrapper released. The main feature of this release is
the ability to wrap Rexx programs under Win32 as a GUI application. This is
useful for Rexx/Tk programs. This version also uses regina-config and
rexxtrans-config (if available) to reduce the problems of which libraries to
link with on Unix platforms.
August 14, 2002
- Version 1.6 of Rexx/Trans released. This version contains the Object Rexx specific
API functions RexxWaitForTermination() and RexxDidRexxTerminate(). It also has
preliminary support for Reginald, but my simple testing indicates that Reginald
has some bug in it that causes Reginald to crash when (at least) an Instore macro is called.
April 30, 2002
- THE 3.1 now available to mark the 10th anniversary of the first public release
of THE. Downloads available via
THE Home Page .
September 26, 2001
- Regina 3.0 now available. Source and lots of binaries have been uploaded to
Regina Home Page .
Updated documentation is also available.
August 1, 2001
- First beta release of Regina 3.0 now available. See the Regina
home page for the details of the changes. Also on the Regina
home page is a link to a couple of pictures of the "Regina Shop".
July 15, 2001
- Added new project: Rexx/CURL. this allows a Rexx program to control
any URL-addressable site; like ftp, http, telnet etc. Currently
only the online documentation is available.
- All of my projects have been migrated to SourceForge. This will provide more exposure and more support features.
The links to the left now take you to the project home page, and from this page you can now get to the SourceForge facilities.
Over the course of the next few weeks, I'll be setting up
automatic redirections from the product home pages to their new
locations. So if you currently have any of these bookmarked, please
change to the new locations.
June 19, 2001
- Rexx/Tk 1.2 released.
- Rexx/Trans 1.2 released.
June 18, 2001
- My email alias; M.Hessling@qut.edu.au is back!
- Regina is now available on SourceForge.
April 25, 2001
- Regina 2.2 released. Source and various binaries available.
- My email alias; M.Hessling@qut.edu.au STILL broken :-( If
you need to contact me, email: email@example.com
November 19, 2000
- PDCurses 2.5 beta1 and THE 3.1 beta2 released. Only source code
released today. THE 3.1 beta2 requires PDCurses 2.5. Some
changes in these releases:
PDCurses (principle changes affect X11 port)
- More stable on startup
- "blink" attribute now gives bright background
- bold font no longer used, bold colours are different colours
- new "italic" attribute allows italic font to be used
- blinking cursor now available
- shift arrow keys available on most platforms
- X11 port supports new XCurses features above
- regular expressions in LOCATE command
- THIGHLIGHT, TARGETSAVE, PAGEWRAP set commands
- almost complete CUA behaviour supported
- X11 port can run in single-instance mode
November 5, 2000
- Regina 2.2 beta3 released. Source, Linux, Win32, OS/2, VCPI, DPMI
binaries. Also Win32 executables packaged with InstallShield.
October 22, 2000
- Initial beta release of Rexx/gd. Source distribution only
at this stage.
Still needs a bit of tidying up.
- Rexx/Curses 1.3 released. Adds some extra functionality and
fixes a bug on OS/2 which caused a Rexx/Curses program to
crash if it were run more than once in the same session.
October 1, 2000
- The Rexx Language Association
has begun a survey of Rexx users. Please visit the
page and take a few minutes to complete the survey.
- Bug Submission page now allows for querying existing bug reports
and adding followup comments to bug reports. Until I get a chance
to convert all old bug reports to the new format and upload them,
then the bug enquiries can only be done on new bug reports.
September 17, 2000
- Rexx/Curses 1.2 released. Win32 self-extracting executable
installation, and OS/2 installation zip file now available.
September 13, 2000
- Rexx/Wrapper 1.3 released.
September 12, 2000
- Rexx/gd page added. No, you can't get it yet!
- Navigation buttons changed; built with Rexx/gd. They are PNG
images. If you can't view them, then its about time you updated your
browser ;-) (Lynx users excepted!)
August 20, 2000
- Regina 2.2 beta2 released. Source, Linux, Win32, OS/2, VCPI, DPMI
binaries. NEW! Win32 executables packaged with InstallShield.
- Latest Rexx/Tk beta source, and Win32 binaries released.
NEW! Win32 executables packaged with InstallShield.
June 27, 2000
- Regina 2.2 beta1 released. Source, Linux and Win32 binaries.
June 18, 2000
- HP-UX binaries for THE and Regina available
May 15, 2000
April 20, 2000
- Rexx/Tk 1.0 beta released
March 3, 2000
- Regina 2.0 beta available
- Rexx/Wrapper 1.2 released (now handles tokenised code)
- Refresh of Rexx/SQL 2.4 beta source code (fix for MySQL)
January 16, 2000
- Rexx/Wrapper 1.1 released
January 11, 2000
- THE 3.0 released
- PDCurses 2.4 released
November 25, 1999
November 22, 1999
- Regina 0.08h released.
- Additions to "Other Sites" page.
September 27, 1999
July 31, 1999
- Released THE 3.0 beta
- Released Regina 0.08h beta
- THE 2.8 and Regina 0.08g released