F.A.C.T.Net, Inc. - Fight Against Coercive Tactics Network
Nonprofit Electronic Library & Archive
Update: Thanks to Scientology's raid on August 21, most of the services we
outline below are TEMPORARILY OFFLINE. We would appreciate your
contribution to restore our full services to the Net. With your help
we can turn this crisis into an opportunity.
F.A.C.T.Net provides service to all types of independent and
- Victims of destructive groups that use coercive mind control and
their families can obtain information to help them understand
what happened. They can find resource connections to help them
formulate a plan of action, and advice for the challenging recovery
- Mental health professionals and clergy can obtain the information
and resource connections they need to help victims and families,
to network among themselves, and to obtain needed referrals.
- Attorneys and government agencies can obtain the information
and resource connections they need to prosecute those individuals
or groups who have broken the law or seriously damaged individuals.
- Civil and criminal investigations can be researched inexpensively.
Journalists and educators can obtain the information and resource
connections they need to expose abuses, forewarn the public, develop
preventive educational programs, and give accurate, well-rounded
descriptions of this area of human rights abuse.
- Victims' rights advocates and other anti-abuse organizations
can access the information and resource connections they need
to defend against the sometimes malicious legal and other
harassment that destructive groups using coercive mind control
often use in an attempt to silence those they perceive as
Contents of our electronic library and archive
The library contains information on:
Through its world wide resource network, F.A.C.T.Net can connect you
to information on almost any group or cult in the world.
- All types of business, religious, and political cults anywhere in the world
- Information on the growing use of coercive mind control
- Journal, magazine, and news articles
- Professional studies
- Reports of personal experiences by former members
- Summaries of relevant legal decisions
- Government investigations
- Support people & organizations who may be able to provide more assistance
Inclusion of a group in our library does not necessarily mean it
is a cult, is destructive, or uses coercive mind control,
only that we have received inquiries about it or have accumulated
information about it or its activities. F.A.C.T.Net provides
information from many perspectives. The individual decides the truth.
Here are a few of the groups we have information on.
F.A.C.T.Net also provides e-mail, special electronic conferences, and
electronic database research assistance (using our BBS
software), as well as other computer services to support those
who are interested in researching cults, their activities,
and coercive mind control.
F.A.C.T.Net services are TEMPORARILY offline because of a Scientology raid!
Ways to obtain library documents from F.A.C.T.Net
- You can download them from the F.A.C.T.Net electronic library and BBS or from
our Internet ftp site (24 hours/day, 7 days/week).
- We can e-mail them to you. ---(TEMPORARILY offline)---
- We can mail you photocopies. ---(TEMPORARILY offline)---
- We can fax documents to you. ---(TEMPORARILY offline)---
- We can mail documents to you on IBM format diskette, either 3 1/2" (1.44Mb) or 5 1/4" (1.2 Mb).
About our libary contribution fees
F.A.C.T.Net relies on tax-deductible grants and general and fixed
service contributions from its users. We are sensitive to the
fact that some individuals who need the information in our
library and archive may not be in a financial position to make
the required fixed contributions at this time. If this is the
case, please write us about your special situation with
suggestions of how to handle your request.
Three ways to access our library
- If you have a computer and a modem (and if you're reading this, you probably do) you can call
our electronic library directly at 1-303-530-1942.
Update: The bulletin board is out of commission until donations replace the
hardware seized by Scientology. Look for bulletins at the "F.A.C.T.Net 3
Defense Home Page." Follow the instructions on the screen. Your first 3 hours of exploration
are free. Calling direct with communications software that
supports "doorway mode" gives you access to our "database query"
feature to do your own searches of our database.
- You can e-mail F.A.C.T.Net
or use anonymous FTP. If you don't use your
World Wide Web browser, you will need to enter "anonymous" as your user name your internet
e-mail address as the password. When you enter the system, type
"cd pub2/factnet". If you use your Web browser, all you need do is click on the
previous link and away you go. We suggest your first download is our library document
index called "index1.txt".
- If you don't have a computer and modem, write for our library
catalog and our list of mail, fax, and other administrative services. Our address is:
601 16th Street, #C-217
Golden, CO 80403 USA
Please address any questions or problems you
encounter on this site to "The F.A.C.T.Net 3 Defense Team," at
Entire contents Copyright (c)1995 F.A.C.T.Net, Inc. - Fight Against Coercive Tactics Network - A Nonprofit Electronic Library and Archive. All rights reserved.