Case Supervision Program
CLAY TABLE HANDLING OF PRESENT TIME PROBLEMS:
Viewer has a present time situation which requires clay table. As distance is a factor, program
will be done through electronic supervision. Supervisor has confidence in Viewer ability to
DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Uses Play Dough, Post-its, blue ball point pen, pencil or Sharpie marker, and a table top
covered by oil cloth or other stain resistant fabric.
- Use colored clay to clearly represent elements in the clay table. (Example: "red" equals
"Antagonist", blue = "Viewer" and "Allies", green = "communication lines" etc).
- Use yellow paper for labels (taken from a yellow pad, or post-its are fine. Notation in
either blue ball point (preferred), or pencil).
- Use a neutral background for the clay table, such as brown cardboard. Lay cardboard flat
on a table, which may not be disturbed, until clay has been observed and understood over
72 hours, at least, upon completion.
- Always indicate the spiritual being (usually represented as a "solid halo" 1½ times the
size of the head, pressed to the back of the head of the body, but you may represent it as
you like). What you are representing is "Self" as the operator of the body and responsible
beingness, through the clay.
- THIS IS NOT AN ART PROJECT. Get it done efficiently, timely and well - but get it
- Make body figures approximately 2 inches tall. Use as much definition as is required for
you to make out clearly "who" the clay body represents. Labels should be no larger than
one inch by 1/2 - 3/4 inch, and are positioned CLEARLY next to the clay figure.
- Begin with self. Fully model to your satisfaction, position on cardboard, make label, put
down yellow label such that it won't blow away. Continue constructing all the players in
the PRESENT TIME PROBLEM. Show all communication flows. If a slashed tire is
present, then construct the car and slashed tires, and label them, car tires, (but not
slashed car tires - clearly show them slashed, etc. Again, this is not an art project.
- Your attention is ON THE CLAY. Not on the phone, another person, your job, the guy next
door, dinner or raging hormones - ONLY, ONLY, ONLY the clay.
- When the clay is complete, step back and take a good long look, until you can see the
whole thing as ONE ITEM. If it is incomplete (and YOU will know this), add the missing
integers. Step back and view again. Continue this step until it is complete.
- Inform C/S by email when complete, informing C/S of what happens or happened upon
completion of clay. Make a polaroid snapshot of the clay for forwarding to C/S if so
requested. Get clean shots of all segments of the clay.
ALL PHENOMENA of any sort are valid and must be reported. Next C/S upon completion of
Case Supervision Programmer
Advanced Counseling Services, Inc.
Return to Technical Writings Table of Contents